Re: cron: nth <weekday> of month?

"Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> writes:
> I've got a job I'd like to run once a month, on a set day of the week,
> say, the first Sunday of the month.  Suggestions as to how to do this
> with cron?

Could you wrap the job in a shell scrip? Run the script from cron every
Sunday.  Have the script check if the date is within the first seven days of
the month.  If so run the job, else exit quietly.  Not very elegant, but it
would get the job done.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr
All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.