Re: SMS-Mailing

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 12:42:41PM +0200, timohart@gmx.at wrote:

> Is there any possibility to install a tool on my HD which i can use to
> send SMS'es directly fom my machine by using my ISP?

you'll need a GSM modem to connect to the GSM network.  remember, GSM
networks bill by the minute/message, so there are not many free services which
provide that.

> If yes please tell me! I use Woody. Is there any package?

If you have the hardware, there are several software packages -
searching freshmeat for sms will list them.

As a workaround, email to sms (eXcell) gateways do exist.  you could
write a script which just sent an email to one of those gateways.