Re: Package Installation Problem (Debian Linux)

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 04:34:42AM +0000, sujit_pandit@chequemail.com wrote:

> Dear Sir,
> I have a PC with 20GB Hard disk, 810 Intel Chipset Motherboard and P-III 700 CPU.
> In my hard disk, there are two partition, First partition (i.e Pri. Dos portion)
> contain Windows'98 OS. I have already installed Debian Linux in my Second Partition,
> after installation I am facing various problem, please solve my proble.
>
> Problem 1: After Installation ( your mentioned procedure which was avalable in your
> CD) , I found that all the files are not installed.
>
> Problem 2: Xwindow is not working.There I found a error message.

Your going to have to provide more information here.

1. What files weren't installed?  Any error messages?
   To install additional packages use "apt-get"  See the man page for
   more info but -
   # apt-get install <package name>
   You might also want to run -
   # apt-get update