Re: Which bootup script brings up interface 'lo'

|> I'm trying to work out where interface 'lo' is brought up on potato.
|>
|> I've grepped through /etc, but can't see any references to
|> 'ifconfig'.

Under potato (2.2) the standard scheme is this:

 .  the script `networking' is run at boot time

 .  `networking' calls `ifup' (cf the manpage) which actually brings
     up and configures the various interfaces

 .  the behaviour of `ifup' (and its first cousin `ifdown') is in turn
    controlled by the values specified in the file:

        /etc/network/interfaces

    which usually contains lines like these:

        iface lo inet loopback

HTH,

Jim