Re: running more then one XClient at one time

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 10:42:42PM +0200, Raffaele Sandrini wrote:
> Hi,
> Is it possible to run more then one X at the same time? Perhaps one as root
> and one as a normal user, so that the second one can be reached e.g. over F8?
>
> If yes (i assume that)
> 1. How is that on a system wich turns X through the init levels on or
> 2. on a system wich starts X with the startx command.

You can use the command -
startx -- :1
to start a second X session.  By default the first session is started on
"0"

There are other options to the command.  You can view them by issuing -
startx -- -help

I believe the next available vt is taken over by the second X session.
hth,
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted