Re: debian 2.2r3 ?

On 21 Apr 2001, Jorge Santos wrote:

*snip*

> Mind you, you could ditch those three, and just use (X)Emacs with
> Gnus, you'd also get a ton more, when you start using Emacs, you
> seldom need to use anything else, specially if your trade is
> programming.

Well, it's probably best not get too deeply into this
or we'll end up with a holy war on our hands.

Both (X)Emacs and Vim (and the other Vi clones) have their
positives and negatives. However, I've found that trying to
say one is better than the other is like trying to say that
boxers are better than briefs. You just need to find something
that makes you comfortable - and often that's whatever someone
starts with.

I made a concerted effort to start using Emacs a year ago,
mostly b/c I wanted to use psgml for DocBook, but I just
could not get into the key bindings - I always missed Vim.
(Yes, I know that Emacs has a vi-compatibility mode, but
it wasn't quite the same...frankly, I think Emacs has a
compatibility mode for damn near everything...)

Take care,

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier