Re: nvidia_drv.o and XF864.0.2

On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Anthony Lau wrote:

> At 12:31 AM -0600 4/21/2001, Rick Macdonald wrote:
> >I previously installed a bunch of GL packages (mesag-dev mesag-widgets-dev
> >mesag3 mesag3-widgets) and then installed the stuff from nvidia's website
> >to replace the glx libs, all before I knew these deb packages existed.
> >
> >So I installed nvidia-glx and nvidia-kernel and ran the build scripts, but
> >then to install them I had to remove a bunch of the other mesag3 packages
> >(and even some x packages).
> >
> >The result is that I have these nvidia libs but no GL header files to
> >compile with. The mesag-dev packages (gl.h etc) seem to conflict with the
> >nvidia-glx.
> >
> >What have I missed?
>
> Have you tried "apt-get remove" both the mesa libs and the nvidia drivers, then
> "apt-get install" the xlib version of the mesa libs (forgot the name,
> xlibmesa?)
> and the nvidia drivers?

Yes, that's what I did.

> I believe I use the Xlib versions of the mesa libs.

xlibmesa-dev!

OK, got it fixed. I was sufferring fom a mixture of sid and woody packages
clashing. Some version of these libs conflicted with xbase-clients, but I
went to sid and installed xlibmesa3, xlibmesa-dev (the missing header
files) and xbase-clients and now I'm ok.

Thanks!

...RickM...