Re: upgrading with dselect

"Michael Novak" <micnov@tesmail.cz> wrote:
>i've installed potato 2.2r2 and now i would like to have new version of qt
>library.
>so i added new source pointing on debian ftp unstable version into
>/etc/atp/sources.list and run dselect. after cache update dselect
>automaticaly(!) selects about 50mb packages!

Those will be packages with priority standard and up.

>i supposed that after my qt selection only nessesary packages will be
>installed/upgraded. why dselect wants to remove ie. xfonts-100dpi it
>shouldn't depends on anything.

Scroll down to it in the conflict resolution screen? There should be
information there that tells you what each package's dependencies are
like.

Anyway, if you're pointing at unstable and trying to upgrade Qt then
you're also going to be upgrading to XFree86 4, since the Qt there
depends on the new X libraries. xfonts-100dpi depends on xutils and
conflicts with the older xbase-clients package from XFree86 3, so you'll
need to sort that out.