Re: lilo

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 10:56:06PM +0000, tomo kiwc wrote:
| i know how to make a dual boot system by changing lilo.conf file.

Check on linuxdoc.org.  It is complicated! (IMO)

| but is there any other way than that to set up a dual boot under debian?

Use grub :-).  www.gnu.org/software/grub

It works great for me and I found it to be amazingly simple.  There is
a Debian package, but it is an older version and there is no installer
yet.  I got a floppy image from the GNU site, copied it to a disk (see
man dd) then booted it and ran "setup" from the grub command line.

If you want more info on grub, just ask! :-)

-D