Re: Getting Online with DSL Ethernet

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 02:53:57PM -0700, Anthony wrote:
| Does anyone have any info on how to get online using ethernet.
| I know you edit the pppconfig file for dial-up but I'm unsure of how to set
| it up through the ethernet.

If your service uses a static IP it is easy.  'man interfaces'  for
info on what to put in /etc/network/interfaces.  To get ethernet up
you only need to figure out which kernel module to use, add it to
/etc/modutils/aliases  as  'alias eth0 <module name>',  add the
interface to /etc/network/interfaces, run 'ifup eth0'.

If your service uses PPPoE then you will have to find information
somewhere else, as I have no idea what you need to do with that.

-D