Re: Wordperfect8 missing libXpm.so.4

Doug Hespe <hespe@acay.com.au> writes:

> Sorry, Alan, but until I can learn to use LyX, troff, or LaTeX, the
> maths papers I have to write for my students need Wordperfect8.

Well, you could use SO and I couldn't support you, so I'd feel
better.[1]

You might also try to get ahold of Corel's Linux Distribution, 1.0
Deluxe.  It has the best version of WP8 extent.  (Minus the server
bits, but minus a bunch of bugs.)

> The latest version (9 or 2000?) has that silly point-and-click
> equation editor brought over from the dark side.

Don't mention that one either!  The nightmares....

Footnotes:
[1]  I was a Corel C_Tech for a while, and am only gradually recovering.

You can move the world with an idea, but you have to think of it first.