Re: X configuration problems

--On Thursday, April 19, 2001 2:37 AM -0700 Dieter Schicker <di11schi@yahoo.com> wrote:

Switch to a different terminal, e.g. by pressing
"Ctrl-Alt-F2" and deinstall xdm (dpkg --purge xdm).

This doesn't work for me. X Windows loads automatically when I boot, even before I login, and is completely broken - I can't see anything or get it to do anything. How do I get it to not load when I boot? Once X is loaded, the system is useless. When I boot I need to do something that prevents it from loading at all.

Thanks for the help,

Adam

--
abender@andrew.cmu.edu