APT Questions.

Hello!

Recently I started to use apt (*Really great tool!*) and I have following
questions. I couldn't find the answers in documentation, so please help.

1. I installed system from CDs (Debian 2.2) and now I can use the net to
download packages. So I do not want to use CDs anymore. How can I
configure apt to not use CDs? I can easily add new CD using apt-setup or
apt-cdrom, but how can I remove informations about them?

2. Can I use apt to upgrade my potato to woody? Using apt-get dist-upgrade
I upgraded from 2.2 to 2.2r3, but can I make a further step forward?

3. My CD was damaged and when I tried to install one package from it
(using dpkg -i) it ended in error. However the package was partially
installed with errors and now I can not access manuals (possibly there are
other errors I do not yet know about). Command ,,man'' simply complies
that it can not read one of the files and stops. I tried to remove package
(using dpkg --purge), but dpkg (or apt) shows me a message that no package
of this name is installed. What can I do to clean my system (or can I
clean my system other way than download package, look for files in it and
remove all of them which were installed on my system before error occured
manually)?

4. Let's suppose that I know the name of the program but I do not know
what package it is in. I have my CDs, but do not have access to Debian
search site. Can I use apt, dpkg or other tool to search my packages for
occurence of this program?

Thank you very much for your time!

Regards,

	Andrzej