3C905c summary.

Hello!

Recently I've posted a mail describing trouble with new computer and 3Com
905c network card inside it. Thanks to everybody who has responded to me.

I made my card working by replacing driver 3c59x delivered with Debian
potato kernel (2.2.17) by its later version (from 2000) and recompiling
the kernel. Also I had to use the patch to the driver which changed the
"...Reset" commands to have a longer completion poll countdown. However
the driver switches the card to 10TX mode even if I pass an option which
should make it work in 100TX.

I also tried to compile the 3c90x driver. 3c90x is the original driver
from 3Com (distributed under GPL). I copied the source into kernel source
tree and compiled it. Than I installed the driver using insmod. But when I
try to bring eth0 interface up (using ifconfig command) it shows the error
message: SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device. This driver is default for this
card under Red Hat 7.0 and it works correctly (I installed Red Hat to
check hardware...).

I'm curious if the problem described is/will be fixed in future releases
of Debian?

Once again thanks to everybody who have helped me.

Regards,

	Andrzej

--
http://kokosz.horyzont.net