Re: Debian compatibility

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 02:26:35AM -0500, Jason Pepas wrote:
| By the way, while on the topic of email formatting, I have noticed that
| some of the list seems to prefer correspondence to be sent in plain text
| rather than html formatted.

Yes.  I, for example, use mutt+less to view mail.  It doesn't do a
very good job of dealing with HTML (I get to see all the tags!).  I
followed someone's instructions for setting up mutt to use
lynx -dump  to strip out the HTML tags, but sometimes that really
hoses quoting and indentation.

| but until then i have attempted to configure outlook express to use
| plain text.

That's great.  Thank you.

| but of course, outlook express is capable of receiving html formatted
| emails, so I have no way of checking if it actually works.
|
| so, is it working?

Yes.  Here is a snippet of your headers :

That "Content-type: text/plain" shows that the message was sent in
plain text.  Any half-*** mailer should allow you to view all message
headers when you want, so you can see exactly what is going on.

HTH,
-D

PS.  Does anyone know how to instruct mutt to view the text/plain part
     of a message by default with both text/plain and text/html parts?