Re: nvidia_drv.o and XF864.0.2

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Anthony Lau wrote:

> The problem is that I am trying to run X with the Nvidia drivers.
> I've got XF86 v4 running fine with Xfree86 framebuffer driver.
> However switching over to the nvidia driver, I get an error.
> Unresolved symbols: XAARotateMonoPattern, XAARotateMonoPattern,
> XAARotateMonoPattern, XAARotateMonoPattern and fbPictureInit.

[...]
> I'm not sure why it lists my kernel as 2.2.18, though.

have you compiled the drivers you got through APT? when you do
# apt-get install nvidia-kernel-src nvidia-glx-src

it'll only download the drivers and put them in proper location to be
recompiled with your kernel source.

so, once you have the packages installed, you should do:

# cd /usr/sr/$KERNEL_SOURCE
# make-kpkg modules_image
# cd ..
# dpkg -i nvidia-kernel-`uname -r`_0.9.769-1_i386.deb

for more details, see:
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-kernel-src/README.Debian

for nvidia-glx, see
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-glx-src/README.Debian

as the build procedure is slightly different

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21