Re: X Window System - Mouse - Newbie Question

Thanks Guys, for your help.
I need a little more,

I tried pointing to my mouse through the XF86Config to both /dev/ttyS1 and
/dev/ttyS1 but that didn't change anything.
I pointed to my mouse through the XF86Config file to /dev/psaux and it at
least is recognizing it but when I move it around it just kinda goes wacky.
There is no controlling it.
Also I noticed as the computer is booting up it says
"Failed initialization of WD-7000 SCSI card .
Could this be the issue?

Also how do I know if I'm running gpm?

Oh and one more thing when X Windows opens up there is a load window that
slowly loads "something" I'm not sure what. Any clue about that?

As you can see I the Newbiest-of-Newbies with Linux.

Thanks for any help.

Anthony