crash?

	I am running unstable (also kernel 2.4.3). I was exporting a display and
runnning a second instance of kde on a remote machine (seperate user). When I
came back, my computer was very slow (almost all my 256MB RAM used, way more
than normal). I closed everything and tried to get out of kde/X (at this time
the remote computer had already logged off, etc). I eventually got to a black
screen with an immobile mouse and an unresponsive keyboard. I had to reboot.
	I am not sure that the display export had anything to do with the "crash".
	Did I do something wrong? My computer hasn't had any problems like this for
a long time (and I have had 2.4.2/3 & debian unstable for at least a month).

Thanks for any advice,
	Jeff Davis