Broken perl 5.6.0 installation

Hi,

When I upgraded from potato to woody it seems that I have done
something wrong in that my perl installation now appears to be
broken. When I try to install a module from cpan I get this
error message:

cpan> install Net::FTP
Running make for G/GB/GBARR/libnet-1.0703.tar.gz
Can't locate object method "new" via package "LWP::UserAgent" at /usr/share/perl/5.6.0/CPAN.pm line 1979, <FIN> line 2.

I have these packages installed (sorry for possible excess
information):

dpkg-perl                                       install
libdigest-md5-perl                              install
libfreedb-perl                                  install
libhtml-parser-perl                             install
libhtml-tagset-perl                             install
libmime-base64-perl                             install
libnet-perl                                     install
libnet-telnet-perl                              install
libperl5.6                                      install
libtimedate-perl                                install
liburi-perl                                     install
libwww-perl                                     install
perl                                            install
perl-5.005                                      install
perl-5.005-base                                 install
perl-5.005-debug                                install
perl-5.005-doc                                  install
perl-5.005-suid                                 install
perl-5.6                                        install
perl-base                                       install
perl-debug                                      install
perl-doc                                        install
perl-modules                                    install
perl-suid                                       install

If anyone has an idea on how to overcome this I'd be
very glad since this is a rather serious problem. I'd be
equally glad if you'd cc me your answer.

Thanks,

Morten

--
"No matter how bad things get you got to go on living, even if it kills you."
                                                           (Sholom Aleichem)