/etc/modules.conf

Hi,

I'm running Debian unstable with a custom kernel and have a couple of
questions I hope someone can help with or point me at the right docs.

After configuring and installing my new kernel, at boot at get several
notes that /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/2.2.
*/modules.dep. These started with the 2.2.17 kernel, and I still get them
with the 2.2.19 kernel. Looking at the obvious, I checked the time stamp on
each, and they have the same time stamp. What's going on here?

Also, I downloaded the kernel source for 2.2.19 from kernel.org, confiured
and made it. I configured it identically to the kernel source for 2.2.19
from Debian. The resulting kernel from kernel.org was about 1.3M; the
kernel from Debian was less than 500K. Why the difference?

tia

michael heyes