Panic - apache timeouts

Hello,

I am wondering if there have been any known packaging problems lately that
affect apache. I was going to re-start it just now and after getting *that*
to work (mod_rewrite was suddently broken, efter som past apt-get install)
all requests to the server are slow - i.e. silence for a while before apache
produces any response.

My first thought was DNS timeout. But (1) Lookups are disabled, (2) DNS is
otherwise in perfect condition, (3) Removing dns in /etc/nsswitch.conf had
no effect.

There is no load on the server (i.e. no looping or anything is going on).
It's waiting on *SOMETHING* for each request, and the server is basically
crippled.

If anyone has a clue, please share it... This is bad.

The dist btw is unstable (yeah I know; bad choice).

PGP userID: 0x5584BD98 or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.infidyne.com
E-Mail: peter.schuller@infidyne.com Web: http://scode.infidyne.com