Re: ip masquerade : which one?

Now hold on there just a darn minute--

In one sentence, you say that he doesn't want to have both, but in
another you acknowledge that ipmasq depends on ipfwadm or ipchains or
iptables.  Thus if he wants to use ipmasq he needs one of these.
ipfwadm is for 2.0 (and earlier) kernels, ipchains is for 2.2 and
iptables is for 2.4.

The ipmasq package is not *REQUIRED* to set up MASQ rules, but is a
tool which simplifies the process.

I suspect one could set up firewalling chains without the ipchains
package by writing to /proc, but that would probably be a bit difficult
to administer by hand.

Bob

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          nielsen@oz.net