Re: mutt FROM address

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 04:01:40PM -0400, MaD dUCK wrote:

| i need to install another mutt in another domain, let's call it
| mail.pantsfullofunix.net. so i would like the from address to say
| madduck@mail.pantsfullofunix.net and not @pantsfullofunix.net.

| huh? i couldn't find any setting to prevent this. and nothing in the
| man pages or mutt.org html help files.
|
| do you guys have a clue? i know this must be easy, so please be
| patient and enlighten me...

I never did get the settings for "hostname" and "realname" to work
quite right for me, so I use the following line :

# used to make the From: header correct.
my_hdr From: dsh8290@rit.edu (D-Man)

By using this I can explicitly make the 'From:' line be whatever I want.
It also works well when using ssmtp on win2k (cygwin) to send.

-D