Re: Blank screensaver

on Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 09:09:18AM -0600, Russell May (rmay@acsbps.com) wrote:
> How do I disable the automatic blank screensaver that kicks in?

Under X, if you're running xscreensaver, disable it from your .xinitrc
or /etc/X11/Xsession file.  You can also change setting with the command
"xscreensaver-command -prefs" and the dialog it brings up.

Also under X, you may be getting a blanked screen through xset and the
DPMS (Energy Star) features .  Refer to the manpage for xset on how to
disable this.  I believe "xset +dpms" will do it.

Under console, you'll want to tweak with setterm and its powersave
options.