Re: LaTeX word count?

There's detex (http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/support/detex/) which
removes latex commands from source; and there's dvi2tty (I'm pretty sure
it's available through dselect) which prints dvi output to the terminal so
you can do dvi2tty foo.dvi | wc -w .  Note that dvi2tty is somewhat
inaccurate since words that are hyphenated end up counted twice (once on
each line).

Andrew J Perrin - Ph.D. Candidate, UC Berkeley, Dept. of Sociology
(Soon: Asst Professor of Sociology, U of North Carolina, Chapel Hill)
andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin