Re: [debian-user] Warum sollte ich gerade Debian Linux kaufen?

Hello Viktor Rosenfeld,

Once you wrote about "Re: [debian-user] Warum sollte ich gerade Debian Linux kaufen?":

%I> BTW, I used to suggest SuSE to beginners.  Not anymore.
I can only support this opinion - I used to use SuSE, now I've
upgraded to Debian and I ran into lots of trouble because of having
got used to the "SuSE-way"...

%I> > First of - don't buy it, ask a friend for a copy. Linux is free, and Debian
%I> > in particular has no company behind it, in opposite to SuSE or RedHat.
%I> I would disagree here, too.  Granted, I run woody and upgrade over the
%I> net every week or so.  Also, wenn I install Debian at work I'll simply
%I> get the ISO images from the FTP servers or do a net install.  But,
%I> although Debian is not a cooperation, it can use any money it gets, and
%I> 30 bucks or so is not a bad investion.  BTW, Felix, you're from Germany
%I> so I would suggest the Debian distribution packaged by Lehmanns.
Even if I agree, that Debian needs support, the best choice for
Germany is IMHO www.liniso.de - they just burn the official images
and send them to you - Woody costs 25 DM there ;))

PS: Don't be confused through my quoting-style - it's coming from an
inofficial mutt-patch, which replaces %I with initials of the sender.
It should have been VR> in this case - The problem is now, that this
patch must be incorporated in my mutt-build - this is what I have not
yet done.

Anti-off-topic (I guess, money issues are not so ON-topic here): You
can see the "Written at " (Ooops, it must have been "on" ;) 1 bug
found...) line in my signature - it's using Russian symbols because
of LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R setting in /etc/environment. Can I just insert
all the possible LC_* lines into this file, or are there any other
possibilities?

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko (prokosch@gmx.net)
Registered Linux User #194193