Re: kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k binfmt-464c

On 14 Apr 01, at 23:32, Shaul Karl wrote:

> > after recompiling 2.2.17 (official potato) i cant boot normally, but
> > only with cdrom as rescue.
> > I tried to recompile changing modules in different combination but
> > nothing.
> > Anybody can help?
> > Bye, from Luigi
> >

> Do provide some more details.
> --
the same situation referred from Bryan Walton except than the
kernel was 2.2.17 instead of 2. 4. and your suggestion to Bryan:
"(Could it be that you have configured the kernel with elf bin format
as a loadable module? If so I believe the problem would go away
once it would be compiled as builtin.)" worked:
Thanks a lot

Luigi Bianca

lug umbria (Italy)