Re: newbie fighting with Helix Gnome

On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 11:36:52PM +0100, simon wrote:

> I cannot apt-get -f install out of it as that fails with the same
> error. I thought I would remove helix completely and then reinstall
> gnome, but apt is telling me I do not have task-helix-gnome
> installed. I'm at a bit of a loss. Am I right to try and remove
> then re-install Gnome (I don't want Helix back) and if so, how can I
> do this.
>
> Any suggestions would be very welcome.

purge every gnome package.  removing task-* packages does not remove
anything.

dpkg -l | grep ximian
<purge everything listed -- apt-get --purge remove blah blah blah>
dpkg -l | grep helix
<purge everything listed -- apt-get --purge remove blah blah blah>

then try a apt-get install task-gnome with your sources.list NOT
including ximian/helix.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/