Marking bad blocks

Hello!

Using badblocks I've found some bad blocks on one of my hard disks, and
I'd like to mark them bad so that Linux will avoid to use them.

The number of bad blocks I've found is low, but they are scattered on many
disk partitions: some of them are formatted ext2, some reiserfs and one is
used as swap.

For the ext2 partition the problem is easily solved, since e2fsck has the
-l switch to be used exactly for that purpose.  The problem are reiserfs
and the swap partition.

The swap partition could be solved, too, by running mkswap with the -c
option.  The only problem with that is that I'll have to wait for another
full badblock check, and since I already have the bad block list, I'd like
to just pass that list to mkswap to make it quicker.  If there isn't any
way of doing it, I'll use mkswap -c and be fine.

We remain with reierfs.  Reiserfsck has no options regarding bad blocks,
and I can't remember any other reiserfs utilities that could help with
that.  Is there a way of doing it?

Now I'll just wait for news here, while trying to figure out why an
IBM-DJNA-352500 three months old which passes all ide-smart internal
OnLine and OffLine tests should turn out to have bad blocks at all.

And doing backups, of course.

Bye, Enrico

--
GPG public key available on finger -l zinie@cs.unibo.it