Re: Staroffice for stable?

On Sunday 15 April 2001 08:25, Stan Brown wrote:
> Where can I ge (preferably a .deb) to isntall SatrOffice on my
> stable machine?

I'm not sure if there is one, but I downloaded the monster-sized
file from Sun's site (http://www.sun.com) and installed it. Just
install it as root with the /net (something like that) option and
place it under a suitable location like /usr/local/ and you should
be fine. Then each user needs to run its setup program to place
some files in their home directory.

I'm running an up-to-date potato install, but staroffice worked
fine right off the bat if I recall correctly. Maybe I was lucky?

Are you looking for some sort of task oriented package that will
install all required libs and stuff so the install goes off without
any problems, or are you actually looking for a 100 meg .deb
package containing the whole thing? I'm not sure of the latter's
existance, but I've been wrong before!

HTH,

Mark