Re: stream manipulation with time

On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 06:20:11PM +0300, Tommi Komulainen wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 04:44:42PM +0200, Sebastiaan wrote:

> May I suggest you use ntp or ntpdate instead.  They keep the time nicely
> synchronized, no time lapse either way.

Hey you brought up a very good point.  But can you confirm something for me?

I have had ntpd and ntpdate install for awhile.  Only using ntpd.
Recently (last night) I decided to read up on ntpdate.

Correct me if I'm wrong.  ntp allows receiving (setting host computer
time/date) and broadcasting (a lot of options) of date/time to
internal (or external) lan.

ntpdate ONLY acts as a client.  Setting the (host) with the correct
date/time.

Yes I did cheat and read the description in apt-cache.  And I did read
*some* of ntp-doc.

Thanks,

Mark