Re: Woody (Testing) Missing Gnome Packages

Jeff Hornsberger <jhornsbe@csc.uvic.ca> wrote:
>I was hoping someone could tell me why Woody (Testing) is missing
>sawfish, sawfish-gnome and gnome-applets packages? There don't seem to
>be any important bugs filed against them and these aren't very new
>packages, I can't figure out why there wouldn't at least some old
>versions of these packages in Testing. Thanks.

testing is like that sometimes - a lot of GNOME has been backed up
pretty much since it came into existence, and a recent version only got
in recently. http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/ has all the status
information, although it can be difficult to interpret sometimes.

gnome-applets is out of date on sparc (and arm and powerpc as well,
although those are behind in general), and recently had a serious bug
filed against it too. sawfish is out of date on alpha. Somebody will
need to get the architectures into sync before it can get into testing;
part of the idea of testing is to make sure that the six architectures
for which Debian currently releases have synchronized versions of all
packages.