Re: An intro to Debian website

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 10:43:21AM -0400, Rob Mahurin wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 09:43:49PM -0500, Brian Nelson wrote:
> > In particular, I
> > think Debian is missing a broad introduction, something that would be
> > read prior to the installation guide, and a "now what" guide to follow
> > the installation.
> >
> > Some of the things to include in the intro would be:
>
> How much of this is on the Debian Planet website
> (http://www.debianplanet.org/) ?  Is that good for newbies, or is that
> more of a "power user" place?

Well, the way I see it is:

debianplanet.org - some news, very little content (a little apt propaganda)
newbiedoc - random newbie blurbs, disorganized
debian.org - decent FAQ, install guide, lots of incomplete guides
debianhelp.org - like this list, but less participation

There wouldn't be a whole lot of original content on this site I was
thinking of.  All the documentation is already out there; it's just so
scattered around and difficult to find unless you know where to look.
This site would hopefully organize it into something coherent and less
intimidating.  Ideally, it would be of some interest to more
experienced users as well--maybe as a place to check first for a
question before looking elsewhere.

-Nelson