Re: Best way to run a 2.4 kernel with "stable"?

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 02:26:46PM +1000, Mark wrote:
> Is it safe to run a 2.4 kernel with stable?
>
> If this is OK then, what is the best way to do it?
>
> Should I use Adrian Bunk's stuff to do it?
> http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/kernel-24.html
>
> Is this safe or will this cause potential problems?

This has been answered several times.  That's probably why you didn't
get much of a response.  Search the archives at the debian site or
http://www.geocrawler.com/ for more info.

I have no idea how Bunk's stuff works.

I read the kernel source for directions in -
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/Changes

See the section "Current Minimal Requirements"
hth,
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted