water, water everywhere, but not a drop to drink.

> To really start a fire here ...
*Someone else* pointed out how debian maintainers and promoters shoot
themselves in the foot by not being enough like windows. This is true,
but it is also true that in some ways, especially the mouse, they shoot
themselves in the foot by slavishly imitating windows without taking
advantage of the very many opportunities to do much better.

The mouse is a big deal with any editor. Emacs and Xemacs fail utterly
to take full
advantage of the mouse, or even of the pc101 keyboard. They don't even
use the delete key in a sane manner.

Sorry to have upset you. Scrollbars belong on the left. ;-)

==========Andre Berger
> man gpm
gpm does not configure 7 logical mouse buttons. *When* is it going to?
When also one-stop touchpad configuration? When is X, gnome, kde and
*all* their apps going to take their mouse configuration from gpm? Why
not all this in 1996? There isn't any motion at all. It is a serious
negative. Being the best is not good enough if it sucks, or is it?

> If I didn't get the irony in your posting: I'm not a native speaker ;)
Huh?!
--
     DaveA (Debian User)=====================
       The journey of a thousand miles begins