how to set Debian cds as .deb sorces for apt

Well i installe d debian on my pc and then made the mistake:
i started dselct because i wantend to install some new packages i
downloaded from the net but when i selected apt source and tried to
add the directory where the files where apt overwritten the old file.
So now i cant install software from the deb installation cd because
thy are no more in the database and i cant have the old settings back
nor instuct apt to look at hte cds...
Can you please help me?
Youll save my life and ill be forever thankful and in deb(t) w| you

Michele

PS
Sorry for using outlook, its all that i have,now.