R: Pascal

> I feel your pain.  Not only is is not open source, it's *quite*
> expensive, much more so than Windows Delphi.  We're talking $1K here,
> for the *less* expensive version.

there's a rumored free download edition coming out around june (they say).
without db support (i fear) and something else too.

> Also, there's apparently no driver for Postgresql, so there's no
> connection to a full-featured free database.  Needless to

i think you're wrong here, there's support for interbase, that's free and
opensource. or if you want to go big names, there's support for db2 and
oracle.

> say, Debian is
> not supported either.  (Am I the only one who finds it offensive that

not direct support, but i've seen a message saying that the necessary
patched libc
has been packaged for debian. there's nothing more you need (except X)

> despite the above, they prominently link to www.fsf.org from the Kylix
> page?)
>
> I can't imagine who Borland is trying to target here.  It

i'm wondering too