Re: Major problems booting Debian 2.2 - Nothing works

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001, Len Cheatham wrote:

<unreadable html>

Hi Len,

I couldn't really follow your question, as I couldn't easily read your
html-formatted email (for the future, you're certain to get more
I'm going to give it a shot anyway.  I'm wondering if maybe you
haven't downloaded the actual full iso image and instead just burned
the first floppy disk image to your disk.  For you to get the full iso
image, see:

cdimage.debian.org

You'll have to make use of the pseudo-image-kit to download packages
and then use rsync to combine them into an iso image which can be
burned onto disk.  Fortunately, there are instructions for doing so.
Alternatively, you can order pre-pressed disks from linuxmall.com,
cheapbytes, etc. usually at $1-2 per disk.  Might very well be easier
for you.  If you make your own, make sure to check the final md5sum of
the iso image to make sure you've done the psedo-image-kit process
correctly.

Hope this helps and take care,

Daniel

--
Daniel A. Freedman
Laboratory for Atomic and Solid State Physics