Re: water, water everywhere, but not a drop to drink.

* David Raleigh Arnold <drarn@toward.com>, 2001-04-12 21:26 +0200:
>        Joris Lambrecht <jlambrec@landis.be>
> > To really start a fire here ...
> 1. In many new packages, maybe most, the developers just press on and
> don't pay attention to stable and unstable until they attain a version
> 1.x. What good is it to have a version 0.4 instead of 0.7 of anything
> in a "stable" distribution? Does "stable" have to be *so* old?

Personnally I don't care about a package's version number if it's stable
and does its job.

> Why not evaluate each package of pre-1.0 programs according to reality
> instead of policy?

Huh?

> 2. It is unspeakable that I have to use Ctl-leftbutton when I have a
> 3-button mouse.

Huh?!

> 7 logical buttons, which is what you have with a 3-button mouse,
> should work without menus and configuration files or any such
> nonsense.

Huh!

> I should be able to configure left handed, etc., with *one*
> program.

man gpm

If I didn't get the irony in your posting: I'm not a native speaker ;)

Andre Berger                                [andre.berger@topmail.de]