Re: help

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001, Patel Snehal-QA9876 wrote:
> I am trying to install linux on an old HP755
>
> which does not have any OS installed on it now.
> what is the best and easy way to install it in the server.
>
> I have read all kinds og different way to do this and non are working for me
> so far.
>

> I would like a way to create a bootable disk with the Linux OS on it and
> just boot from it.
>
> all other servers in my area are running HP-UX10.20

Hi,

I answered a similar question yesterday.  Here's a repeat:

------------

I don't think you can get Linux support for HP PA Risc at the same
level of maturity as that for most other platforms that Linux runs on.
But check out the project to implement it:

http://www.parisc-linux.org

Also, you can get alpha-quality iso's at:

ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/cd-images/

Supposedly, Debian will host these upon release.

Hope this helps and take care,

Daniel

Take care,
Daniel

PS.  Please try to use more informative subject lines. Thanks.