Re: Email embarrasment

On Thursday 12 April 2001 14:02, Johann Spies wrote:

Have you tried using her ISP's mail server for an MTA, instead of localhost?
Unless you are using some MUA that does not have the ability to use a remote
MTA there is no point and it just overcomplicates things.

Try telnetting directly to the smtp server on localhost and on the ISP and
try to send a message, this will help diagnose the problem.  If this works,
then the problem is in your exim or MUA configuration

Just do:

#telnet mail.mydomain.com 25

Then do when the server prompts:

MAIL From: you@whatever.net
 - server should respond OK -
RCPT To: somewebmailaccountyoucancheck@yahoo.com
- server should respond OK -
DATA
write a little message here
.
- server should respond "message accepted for delivery -

[remember the period at the end, that tells the server that the message is
ended]
QUIT

Then check the mail of the address you sent it to.

--
Tim Kelley
tpkelley@winkinc.com