RE: Err: Cannot open display

Hi Thomas,
I too have a Geforce II MX and can help some...
You need to get Xfree ver4.0.2 as the installed ver3.3 does not support this
card.
You also need the NVidia Kernel modules.(support/drivers/linux)
www.xfree86.org
www.nvidia.com
And you will also need the kernel header files installed.
'apt-get kernel-header-2.2.18pre2'

Install Xfree ver 4. first. follow the instructions and its fairly
automated.
Then you will need to install the Nvidia modules from Tar Balls.

Post back if you need more help.

Regards
Wayne.
'Don't be suprised if you are playing in Root and the Tree falls off...'