The reason for Star Office 5.2 breakage

(Posted on both lists since there's active discussion on both lists
concerning this problem.)

Five minutes ago I found the package that breaks Star Office the way
that has been described on numerous emails. The package Star Office
has problems with is sharefont. When sharefont 0.10-9 is installed,
Star Office gives a very informative message stating that "an
unrecoverable error has happened" every time I try to create a new
document or open an existing one. "apt-get remove sharefont" solved
the problem.

Since I my knowledge on X fonts can quite accurately described as
"none", I wouldnät count on me to find much more information about the
problem. I hope someone more competent with this same problem will
look at the package and file a bug report with more information than
that I could give.

Suonpää...