Re: download problem

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 12:40:42AM -0400, Rahul Agarwal wrote:
> I am trying to download the Debian intallation files (first time installation) from the website using the ftp ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/  the ftp program has already downloaded data more than 2.4 gigs and is still going on. I was wondering what is the size of the installation files and am I doing the right operation. Help in this regard will be appreciated.

I would strongly suggest you read the installation instructions at -
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/#new-inst

If your trying to download the iso to burn -
http://cdimage.debian.org/

If your trying to do an ftp install you just need 6 floppies.
At any rate it seems to me your downloading everything from the ftp
site.  You don't need to do that.  Read the installation directions and
then post back about what you don't understand.

Also set your mail client to wrap to 72 characters.
hth,
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted