Re: NIC problem

I have installed the base system (10 or 11 disks, can't remember).  It
boots up fine, and I do the Alt-F2, login as root and do a modprobe:

modprobe wd

modprobe wd io=0x280 irq=11 mem=0xcc000 mem_end=0xcffff

Both give:

wd.c: No wd80x3 card found (i/o = 0x280)
/lib/modules/2.2.18pre21-compact/net/wd.o: init_module: Device or resource
busy
Hint:  this error can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ parameters
/lib/modules/2.2.18pre21-compact/net/wd.o:  insmod
/lib/modules/2.2.18pre21-compact/net/wd.o failed
/lib/modules/2.2.18pre21-compact/net/wd.o: insmod wd failed

I had to type that in, so barring my typing mistakes, that's the message.

Those are the same parameters that work for the RedHat boot.  And it does
*seem* that I am using the right module.  wd.o, right?  I also tried
different combinations of including or excluding io/irq/mem/mem_end.

Any thoughts on this?  Any ways that I can get debian on a 386 with only
a floppy and network card?

Craig