RE: OT : GUI Interfaces

Although i must admit to have written a somewhat technically confusing mail
i thought my point would come across, since i was referring to AtheOS wich
does NOT use X to build it's interface. Didn't know that did ya ! Should you
have known this you wouldn't bother pointing out someones apparent ignorance
wich seems to be a hobby of yours.

Yes, X is a network enabled window managment system wich allows a client to
run the interface of it's liking and allows remote logins to a server over
the network and so on wich is very nice for people collaborating on
projects, you don't believe your eyes the first time you see that kind of
functionality in action (i didn't), beats M$ TerminalServer. But name me
more than one or even ONE public service that uses these 'strengths'. It IS
a fantastic system, indeed, but it weighs on your computers resources. Also,
what's the use for those strenghts i cannot grasp  in a stand-alone
configuration ? But that i did not mention, that's true.

I apparently understand the potential of X but i don't have to grasp it's
strenghts since i'm working in a stand-alone environment and do not work
with this type of environment in a . This still is a public mailinglist you
know, even dumb people can post a mail :) But you must have allready
noticed.

I'm not a developper and thus not interested in Tcl/Tk or Qt to write my own
Gui, though i would feel tempted if i could. I'm not that a talented person.
Don't understand how you came up with this.

Maybe the first part of this mail answered you question on identity and
direction ?

Thanks for your reply.

Joris

ps : you didn't feel offended by the unix/gorilla comparison did you ?