RE: water, water everywhere, but not a drop to drink.

:: If the point of Linux is to develop a little club of elite members who
:: have this great software, then the Linux development community is doing
:: great.   If the point of Linux is to become the dominant OS in the world,
:: and show everybody how free software is superior, then they have some
work
:: to do.

Now it has been said i must admit that i've encountered some 'elitarians' in
the linux world, and these are close to being full born fascists. If you
don't get along with the information at hand they consider you to be a dumb
ass. This however seems to be more like a IT related issue then a linux
related issue. Those who love to consider themselves naturally born it
professionals love the 'elite' idea. I personally believe that they are,
though highly intelligent, stuck in the gorilla stage of human evolution and
are probably 'protecting' >their< property. Happilly coding away on some
open-source software with their allies, about wich no mortal can grasp the
internals. Determined to dominate the cruel and 'most importantly' STUPID
world out there, because they are superior (or simply more aggressive but
you'll never hear them say that).

These people do NOT seem to realise that THEY are the ones who give a face
to Linux, and are doing a verry bad job at it. It's something like a
linux-port of the Unix admin who was notorious for his grumphy moods. Sort
of like Savages with silicon guns. Sad to see really if you realise the
impact linux has had and the momentum it gained.

I'll stop right here because i'm getting really pissed off.
I leaving for a safari in the nearest IT Building :)

Regards,

Joris