Re: >2Gb files

Hi - I'm looking for a tale of success, suggestion of something to check,
or a link to a more detailed recipe for > 2GB files on i386 using debian
really.

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 10:44:49AM +0200, Joris Lambrecht wrote:
> To be honest, i don't have the answer but i think this has allready been
> discussed some time ago, so you'll be able to find info on this in the
> mailingslistarchives

Right, well I had already had a scan of the list archives and all I could
gather from them, aside from moving to a 64bit architecture, was that for
a 2.4 series kernel the main requirement was to recompile the c library
with the 2.4 kernel headers.  This is why I have followed the prescription
below.

<Some deleted correspondence>