Re: No chance to get my IntellyMouse working under X

Raffaele Sandrini wrote:

> Hi all I need some help. I tried now everithing to get my IntelliMouse
> Morking under X 4.0.2. Not succsesfull until today.I have gpm disabled
> to do not confuse X. I tried every protocol X serves on the psaux
> port. But my mouses flips around and stays in the right upper corner
> of the screen. I have a VIA chipset, is there somewhat relatet to
> that?PLEASE HELP

If it could be of any help, i've included a snip of my
/etx/X11/XF86Config-4 (i have a VIA chipset too):

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "false"
        Option          "Buttons"               "5"
EndSection

I have see another option (but i ignore what this does) with an
autoconfigured one:

Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"

You could try to look at
http://www.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll, there is a lot of
resource (and IIRC a forum) related to mouse (in particular, wheel
mouse)...

Andrea