Re: my network device

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001, Govaere Jan wrote:
> Hello
>
> I've got an "compaq 10/100 TX UTP Controller" fon a Compaq Proliant 800.  I
> want to install it and I don't know how ?
>
> The "dmesg | grep eth0" doesnt't print nothing.
>
> Thanks for your help

Hi,

Google is your friend...

It brings up for me an old page of Compaq's (now existing only in
Google cache):

http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:vcmproapp02.compaq.com/ActiveAnswers/Global/en/solutions.1076/Online.7179/additional_online.7216/default.asp+compaq+10/100+TX+UTP+Controller+linux&hl=en

According to this page:

"At this time, the embedded NIC card on the Compaq ProLiant 1600,
1600R, and 1850R is based on the Texas Instruments ThunderLAN
chipset. Similar dual-speed and single-speed PCI cards are available
in the marketplace, under several different brand names. Both the
embedded and PCI cards are controlled by the TI ThunderLAN (TLAN)
device driver written by James Banks of Caldera Systems,
Inc. (www.calderasystems.com mailto:james.banks@caldera.com)."

More info can be found on page at above link.

Hope this helps and take care,

Daniel